Google

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Had a great day at work, no hassles, no fires to put out. Everyone I think is on "holiday" hangover, as I call it. No one too eager to complain. So today, I will.

Came home for lunch to find out in an e-mail that my airline tickets were cancelled for a trip hubby and I are planning to Sturgis, South Dakota for a motorcycle rally in August. Now why did we get tickets so early, who knows. Have nice hotel all planned, excited about taking a side trip to visit long-time friends in Denver, and now I need to figure out how to get there and when all over again. What was the 'free' insurance about? Anyway, my on-line agent is telling me to wait it out a few days. They didn't wait to charge my account. Which leads me to customer service.

Are the days gone when the customer was considered your 'bread and butter?' Today's automation age with auto responders, voice mail, and press one for this and two for that, etc. can sometimes seem daunting. When you need help while visiting a merchant, don't you just love when they say, "that's not my department." Then you have to ask whose department is it, can you get someone, etc.--and how many times have you felt invisible at the counter.

I guess it is just the times--or maybe I'm just getting to be a grumpy old lady. Tomorrow will be fine.

No comments: